db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: [patch] MySQL SQL generation fix
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 05:57:59 GMT
David Sean Taylor <david@bluesunrise.com> writes:

>> Right. This is a bug.
>>
>I would have logged it but I couldn't find a Torque project under Apache
>JIRA
>Has Torque migrated to JIRA yet?

Well, gee, now that you mention it... The Torque team has voted about
this and decided to stay on scarab. The Torque bug tracker is at
http://issues.apache.org/scarab/ and it is linked from the Torque site
(Project Infos -> Issue Tracking). Yes, I know that we do have
stability problems here.

>>>src/generator/src/java/org/apache/torque/engine/database/model/Column.java
>>> 27 Jun 2005 21:34:10 -0000      1.29
>>>+++
>>>src/generator/src/java/org/apache/torque/engine/database/model/Column.java
>>> 5 Aug 2005 06:42:27 -0000
>>

>> Please move to the subversion repository in the future.

>Didn't realize that you migrated to subversion.
>I now see that the site links point to subversion and not cvs.
>That must have been recent...

Yes. We moved about a week ago.

>> While your patch fixes a symptom, it does not cure the deeper,
>> underlying problems of getSqlString() which is sort of a "let's juggle
>> with spaces somehow" method.
>>
>> I just checked in a fix that should repair all problems with that
>> method for good.
>>
>> If you do work with MySQL; it would be nice to have a domain test
>> class for MySQL like we have for other databases. This would help us
>> spot such errors faster.

>Sure, I'll look into it.

That would be cool!

>Do you plan on releasing anytime soon?
>We'd like to incorporate the bug fix in our projects, and base our
>projects on an official torque release or at least an RC

We are at RC1 level (the site already documents RC2-dev; the fix will
be in RC2. I don't know Thomas' plans for the release but I would
expect RC2 soon.

	Regards
		Henning

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42