db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: [patch] MySQL SQL generation fix
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 08:38:23 GMT
David Sean Taylor <david@bluesunrise.com> writes:

>When we upgraded to Torque version 3.2-rc1, Torque incorrectly
>generating MySQL statements for MEDIUMTEXT as

>     COLUMN_VALUE MEDIUMTEXTNOT NULL,

Right. This is a bug.

>src/generator/src/java/org/apache/torque/engine/database/model/Column.java
>  27 Jun 2005 21:34:10 -0000      1.29
>+++
>src/generator/src/java/org/apache/torque/engine/database/model/Column.java
>  5 Aug 2005 06:42:27 -0000

Please move to the subversion repository in the future.

While your patch fixes a symptom, it does not cure the deeper,
underlying problems of getSqlString() which is sort of a "let's juggle
with spaces somehow" method.

I just checked in a fix that should repair all problems with that
method for good.

If you do work with MySQL; it would be nice to have a domain test
class for MySQL like we have for other databases. This would help us
spot such errors faster.

	Best regards
		Henning

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42