db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Subversion reorganisation?
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2005 17:40:25 GMT
Hi,

now that we are on subversion, this offers us the opportunity to
finall decouple the development of the various parts of Torque.

I'd propose that we reorganize the SCM to reflect this:

db/
  torque/
    runtime/            <-----  trunk
        trunk/
        tags/
        branches/
    generator/          <-----  trunk/src/generator
        trunk/
        tags/
        branches/
    templates/          <-----  trunk/src/generator/src/templates
        trunk/
        tags/
        branches/
    plugin/             <-----  trunk/src/maven-plugin
        trunk/
        tags/
        branches/
    common/             <-----  stuff that all the parts use,
                                can be pulled in the projects using
                                svn:external

    site/               <----   A wrapper site like the db-site or
                                turbine site to allow us havingmultiple
                                release versions and common information
                                in one place
    trunks/             <----   A "checkout" directory like the
                                jakarta-commons has with "trunks-proper"

The idea is to remove all the "build" tricks from the current tree and
allow us to decouple the building of e.g. the generator and the
runtime. With the generator being able to build other templates (like
OJB) it is IMHO a good thing to be able to cut revisions independently
from the runtime.

Opinions?

        Regards
                Henning