db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move the Torque Bugtracker to JIRA
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 10:17:58 GMT
Thomas Fischer <fischer@seitenbau.net> writes:

>0 - Not sure what to do

>I am not convinced we should move away from Scarab, because Scarab is one
>of the few Open Source Projects known to me which uses Torque internally,
>and I do think that we should support it by using it.

That wouldn't be a real reason for me. It also uses Turbine and still
the Turbine bugtracker will go.

>On the other hand, if moving away from Scarab would reduce work load to the
>ASF admins, this is a very good reason to do so. Henning, did you ask
>infrastructure how they feel about this ?

Henri (Yandell) said so and I know that Scarab maintenance sometimes
lagged not just weeks but months. The admins are quite busy and they
are very much more familiar with Bugzilla and/or JIRA.

>Also, what is problematic about using Scarab is that one needs an account
>just to read the bug reports, but I am not sure whether this can be
>configured or not, so not sure whether this qualifies as a reason to move
>away from scarab.

Scarab is IMHO a general PITA. Sorry for my french.

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42