db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Move the Torque Bugtracker to JIRA
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 08:40:09 GMT

0 - Not sure what to do

I am not convinced we should move away from Scarab, because Scarab is one
of the few Open Source Projects known to me which uses Torque internally,
and I do think that we should support it by using it.

On the other hand, if moving away from Scarab would reduce work load to the
ASF admins, this is a very good reason to do so. Henning, did you ask
infrastructure how they feel about this ?

Also, what is problematic about using Scarab is that one needs an account
just to read the bug reports, but I am not sure whether this can be
configured or not, so not sure whether this qualifies as a reason to move
away from scarab.

   Thomas