db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: [patch] MySQL SQL generation fix
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 14:52:54 GMT
Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:
> David Sean Taylor <david@bluesunrise.com> writes:
>

>>When we upgraded to Torque version 3.2-rc1, Torque incorrectly
>>generating MySQL statements for MEDIUMTEXT as
>

>>    COLUMN_VALUE MEDIUMTEXTNOT NULL,
>

> Right. This is a bug.

I would have logged it but I couldn't find a Torque project under Apache
JIRA
Has Torque migrated to JIRA yet?

>>src/generator/src/java/org/apache/torque/engine/database/model/Column.java
>> 27 Jun 2005 21:34:10 -0000      1.29
>>+++
>>src/generator/src/java/org/apache/torque/engine/database/model/Column.java
>> 5 Aug 2005 06:42:27 -0000
>

> Please move to the subversion repository in the future.

Didn't realize that you migrated to subversion.
I now see that the site links point to subversion and not cvs.
That must have been recent...

> While your patch fixes a symptom, it does not cure the deeper,
> underlying problems of getSqlString() which is sort of a "let's juggle
> with spaces somehow" method.
>
> I just checked in a fix that should repair all problems with that
> method for good.
>
> If you do work with MySQL; it would be nice to have a domain test
> class for MySQL like we have for other databases. This would help us
> spot such errors faster.

Sure, I'll look into it.

Do you plan on releasing anytime soon?
We'd like to incorporate the bug fix in our projects, and base our
projects on an official torque release or at least an RC

Thanks,

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software