db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Jorge Uriarte <jorge.uria...@omelas.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move the Torque Bugtracker to JIRA
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 20:13:55 GMT
Scott Eade wrote:
> There has in fact been some recent progress with Scarab over at Tigris -
> e.g. on their instance you can look at issues without logging in.  The
> trouble is that to get the ASF instance upgraded will require more
> effort from those involved than can be justified.  If there was some
> momentum behind Scarab things would be quite different, but
> unfortunately this is not the case.

Hi Scott,

sad you feel there is no momentum :-(
Lots of Turbine/Torque users/devs are involved somehow in Scarab
(Youngho, Fabio, Eric, comes to mind)

As I've already sent to Turbine's list, Scarab has indeed gained some
speed lately, but this should by no means be the reason behind Turbine
moving away.

Apache was using a very old version of Scarab, and I'm not sure about
the problems it caused. Late as it can be, maybe we should have marketed
ourselves months ago (I really thought about offering help for upgrading
but... late again...)

As I told before; feel free to ask if you wanted help in the migration.

Regards,

_
Jorge