db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move the Torque Bugtracker to JIRA
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 11:03:37 GMT
I pretty much agree with Thomas - the comments apply to Turbine as well
as Torque.

The problem is that I cannot see how the requirements of Torque alone
(Turbine have already voted to move) can justify the existence of the
ASF Scarab instance.

There has in fact been some recent progress with Scarab over at Tigris -
e.g. on their instance you can look at issues without logging in.  The
trouble is that to get the ASF instance upgraded will require more
effort from those involved than can be justified.  If there was some
momentum behind Scarab things would be quite different, but
unfortunately this is not the case.

I just went to login to see if there was any other projects using it and
what do you know, it isn't running.

Got to be a +1 to Jira I'm afraid.

Scott