db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>
Subject Re: Using Forrest in DB Torque
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 13:01:39 GMT
Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:

> About using Forrest: Well, we have a lot of docs in Anakia format. If we
> don't have to convert (i.e. Forrest can read Anakia format) _and_ if we
> don't lose the benefits of the maven built docs (which are the lots and
> lots of auto-generated reports like checkstyle, PMD and so on), then I
> think that we could consider this.
>
> However, this really is also a question for the other torque developers.

 From what I can see in the Torque docs, its mostly adapting the links.
Forrest uses one dedicated place to put the concrete links, and within
the page you only use the logical aliases, eg. instead of referencing
tomcat docs directly, you'd have something like

"<link href="ext:jakarta/tomcat/docs4/jndi-howto">...</link>"

which would be configured to point to
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html
like this (in site.xml):

<jakarta href="http://jakarta.apache.org/">
   <tomcat href="tomcat/">
     <docs4 href="tomcat-4.1-doc/">
       <jndi-howto href="jndi-resources-howto.html"/>
     </docs>
   </tomcat>
</jakarta>

And Forrest can incorporate auto-generated stuff like JavaDocs, reports
etc., and it can be run from Maven
(http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/howto/howto-forrest-from-maven.html).

You might want to have a look into eg. the OJB docs:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/db-ojb/src/doc/forrest/src/documentation/content/xdocs/

regards,
Tom