db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: count rows in a table
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:52:25 GMT
Hi,

At the moment, this possibility does not exist. It would be possible to put
that into the Peer classes, but the problem is that the peer classes have too
many methodts already, and this would add new ones.

Clearing up the stuffed classes in one way or another is on my list for Torque
3.3, and though I see your point that a count method would be useful in a Peer
class, I would rather not add a method in one release and already remove it in
the next release.

Any other developers care to comment on this ?

         Thomas