db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Coding conventions
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2005 07:03:27 GMT
Through the life of the Torque project, I understand that we have always
followed the turbine coding conventions [1]. However, this was never
stated explicitly (on the homepage or elswhere) nor did I find
something about it in the mailing lists.
But then, in the db project guidelines [2], it is stated that

> All Java Language source code in the repository must be written in
> conformance to the " Code Conventions for the Java Programming Language
> as published by Sun, or in conformance with another well-defined
> convention specified by the subproject. See the FAQ page for links to
> subproject conventions.

(and the FAQ page is gone, and I was not able to locate it in
CVS either)

So I'd like to state explicitly on the homepage that we use the turbine
coding conventions (and not the Sun ones), and, since this was not
official so far, this should be backed by a formal vote. Here it is:

[ ] +1 Torque code should be written according to the Turbine code
          conventions.
[ ] 0  I do not care
[ ] -1 Torque should not use the Turbine code conventions
        (please give reasons)

Regards,

    Thomas

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/common/code-standards.html