db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Db-torque Wiki] Update of "TutorialUserCommentsStep3" by ThomasFischer
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 07:52:57 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Db-torque Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by ThomasFischer:

  Unfortunately, ${driverJarName} and the other variables have not been mentioned in that
tutorial so it is not clear what the user has to do at this step or what this paragraph refers
+ -- Ok, I mixed some variable names when writing the tutorial. ${driverJarName} should read
${artifactId}, ${databaseName} should be ${groupId}, and ${driverVersion} should be ${version}.
Will update this in the next few days.
+ ThomasFischer
- The part "Crea┬┤ting the database" does not always work.
+ The part "Creating the database" does not always work.
  Consequently, it would be a good idea to tell the user how to manually create his database.
  I think that is just the three simple steps:
  1. Create db manually
  2. run id-table-schema.sql
  3. run project-schema.sql
+ -- Not sure if I understand this. The tutorial says already that "creating the database"
does not always work, and that one should do it manually if it fails. But I did not know that
the "creating the tables" part can also fail. Of course I can add a comment that one can also
create the tables by running the sql scripts in the "creating the tables" part. Would that
resolve the problem ?
+ ThomasFischer