db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Db-torque Wiki] Update of "TutorialUserCommentsStep3" by ThomasFischer
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 07:52:57 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Db-torque Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by ThomasFischer:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-torque/TutorialUserCommentsStep3

  Unfortunately, ${driverJarName} and the other variables have not been mentioned in that
tutorial so it is not clear what the user has to do at this step or what this paragraph refers
to.

+ -- Ok, I mixed some variable names when writing the tutorial. ${driverJarName} should read
${artifactId}, ${databaseName} should be ${groupId}, and ${driverVersion} should be ${version}.
Will update this in the next few days.
+
+ ThomasFischer
+
  ----
- The part "Crea┬┤ting the database" does not always work.
+ The part "Creating the database" does not always work.
  Consequently, it would be a good idea to tell the user how to manually create his database.
  I think that is just the three simple steps:
  1. Create db manually
  2. run id-table-schema.sql
  3. run project-schema.sql

+ -- Not sure if I understand this. The tutorial says already that "creating the database"
does not always work, and that one should do it manually if it fails. But I did not know that
the "creating the tables" part can also fail. Of course I can add a comment that one can also
create the tables by running the sql scripts in the "creating the tables" part. Would that
resolve the problem ?
+
+ ThomasFischer
+