db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Torque Subversion Repo Reorganization complete
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 21:48:20 GMT
Henning,

I have been able to run the build and the runtimetest against
postgres, mysql and the part that runs against hsqldb against hsqldb from
the trunks directory. I have not been able to build the different parts of
the project from their respective trunk. It complains about having to
define currentVersion in the POM, si this should be eeasy to fix. Will
look into it tomorrow.
I would also like to look into some details (like running the dist target
from the various places) at some time, but this can also happen when the
stuff is live.

Only thing we need still to think about is the runtimetest. Running it on
a directory which is pulled out of svn:externals is not optimal, because
one needs to commit changes before one can pull them out again. So one
cannot check if a change broke something before commiting.

The optimal solution would be to have two possibilities to run the
runtimetest:
1) run it against the version installed in the local repository (fast
version)
2) do a reactor build of all projects in their respective trunks, install
them to the local repository, and then proceed with 1)

1) is easy. It would inm y opinion best be implemented if another
subproject is created for the test apart from the other subprojects.
2) is difficult, because one does not have a fixed relation between the
location of the different sibprojects if one does not want to check out
the complete db/torque tree. Perhaps some maven expert hasan idea how this
could be realized ? I need to think about this, but right now I'm too
tired.

    Thomas