db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Db-torque Wiki] Update of "NextRelease" by ThomasFischer
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2005 16:42:43 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Db-torque Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by ThomasFischer:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-torque/NextRelease

The comment on the change is:
Updated 'done'-Tags ; removed stuff that will definitely not be in next release

   * remove the old, deprecated and buggy !ConnectionPool - '''done'''
   * drop support for idMethod = sequence | autoincrement - '''done'''
-  * move all db specific stuff from the generated classes to the base classes (so you don't
have to regenerate the modell for different dbs)
-  * improve the generated ojb model
   * add scale attribute for columns - '''done'''
   * Add support for outer joins - '''done'''
   * Add some basic schema support at runtime and generate time - '''done'''
-  * add domain element to schema.xml (name, type, javaType, size, scale)
+  * add domain element to schema.xml (name, type, javaType, size, scale) - '''done'''
     * the domains can be reused in any column
     * this allows to map jdbc types to domains and solves the problem with definitions like
BIGINT = NUMBER (20, 0)
   * add platform package to replace db.prop files - '''done'''
-  * backport sql generation for the generator from commons-sql (inheritence is your friend
;-)
   * add generation of simple beans for data objects. Generate methods to convert data objects
into beans and vice versa - '''done'''

  == Further Suggestions ==

-  * Allow override of database name at generation time
+  * Allow override of database name at generation time - '''done'''
     * If specified the torque.database.name property should be user rather than name attribute
of the database tag.  This would make it much easier to handle multiple instances of an application
on a single system, e.g. dev and test database instances being generated from a single schema.
   * Is it just me or are a number of the torque properties required to be declared outside
of the file referred to in torque.contextProperties?  Could the Torque Maven plugin read the
properties in as well, making it so that project.properties need only define torque.contextProperties?
 This would make it much easier to handle multiple application instances built from the same
environment (I run a number of filters across my properties file to customise it for the application/database
instance I am generating before I execute the generator).
   *  Provide for an encoding attribute on the database element - to be used in create database
statement for PostgreSQL (and presumably others).
@@ -46, +43 @@

  -- Domenico Loiacono 2004-08-05

+ ----
+