db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: <foreign-key> to another db
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:28:58 GMT
> -----Original Message----- From: Thomas Fischer
> Greg, are you sure that you are not caught by the (confusing)
> overloading of the word "schema" in torque ? It can either
> mean the schema.xml files or the database schema.

In the words of Rosanne Rosanna Danna... "Never mind"...lol

FWIW, this sound useful but I think there are configuration conditions
that
might break it.  The XML database attribute ties to the database
settings
in the Torque config file.  So, is this means that you could have a
valid set
of Torque XML files but an invalid set of Config files. For example, db1
in the
configuration files could use the Oracle driver/database while db2 could
be configured
to use a different Oracle (or MySQL or ...) db. The code won't (and IMHO
shouldn't)
support this.

But in reality, this probably isn't a common condition, so just
documenting that
it's not supported would be fine.

Duke CE Privacy Statement