db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl <thomas.vand...@tewisoft.de>
Subject Re: library versions, dead files and maven project-base.xml
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 06:38:10 GMT
Hi Thomas,

Thomas Fischer wrote:
> Note that velocity is not updated to 1.4, I have heard rumours that
> version 1.4 has a memory leak (but I have also heard rumours that the
> current velocity version chokes in very large files, so not sure whether
> the memory leak is not already there in 1.3.1)

I read from Hennings post in some mailing list that caching should be
enabled to avoid the memory leaking effect (which was explained to be
due to some inspection code collecting data over and over). I have
Velocity 1.4 running in production (with a Turbine app) with no visible
memory leaks.

> Are there any objections, suggestions, comments ?

I would suggest to separate the runtime dependencies from the generator
dependencies and even - if possible - give detailed dependencies of the
different DataSourceFactories. So, for example, is Velocity necessary
for the Torque runtime? Is commons-dbcp necessary for a JNDI DataSource?
Do you think this would be doable?

Bye, Thomas.