db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Friedrich <fri...@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject AW: Testing the release [was: AW: Start release Cycle for Torque 3.2]
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:24:14 GMT
Currently I just have tests for the application itself, so this would cover
only a certain fraction of Torque functionality. I could try to recruit
somebody to run the official Torque test suite against the new release;
however that would probably not be ready before the end of the year.

With regard to documentation, I could try to come up with a suggestion for
discussion.

  Joerg

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Thomas Fischer [mailto:fischer@seitenbau.net]
Gesendet: Montag, 11. Juli 2005 14:48
An: Apache Torque Developers List
Betreff: Testing the release [was: AW: Start release Cycle for Torque 3.2]

Hi Jörg,

Jörg Friedrich <friedj@users.sourceforge.net> schrieb am 11.07.2005
13:09:36:

> As PM of the Track+ project I could run our test cases against any new
> Torque release. We are supporting MySQL, Firebird/Interbase, HSQLDB,
Oracle
> 8,9,10, MS SQLServer and PostgreSQL.

Would you run the Torque runtimetest or do you have your own Testcases ? I
cannot test again Oracle 8, Oracle 10, Interbase and MS SQLServer, so I
would highly appreciate if you could run the test against these. If you
would run your own testcases against any database, I would also be
interested in the results.

> With regard to documentation, what do you think would be most
> important?

Well, it seems most impotant to me to get a structure for a User guide or /
and reference, but this is a really big task. There is a bit of
documentation around, but it is not structured well enough to find much, and
a lot is missing. But once one has a good structure, it would be possible to
fill it in bit after bit.

    Thomas