db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: questions about submiting patch
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 07:17:09 GMT

Hi,

Anwers are inserted below.

"Wang, Shirley Y" <Shirley.Wang@ca.com> schrieb am 28.06.2005 22:58:31:

> Hi, This is my first attemp to submit patches to Torque project. I
> have some simple questions.
> I added Ingres db adapter support to Torque and I ran thru the
> rttest without any problem.  most my changes are new modules and a
> new set of velocity template for Ingres.
> My questions are
> 1. if I use following command to retrieve source would I get head
revisions?
>    maven scm:checkout-project
>             -Dmaven.scm.method=cvs
>             -Dmaven.scm.cvs.module=db-torque
>             -Dmaven.scm.cvs.root=:pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:
> /home/cvspublic
>             -Dmaven.scm.checkout.dir=.

I would guess yes, but I am not sure. I am not using maven for cvs
checkout. You can find out by comparing the revision number of, say,
xdocs/changes.xml, it can be found in the javadoc for the class. Current
HEAD revision of xdocs/changes.xml is 1.164

> 2. Do I and my company (CA) need to sign a license agreement to
> contribute the changes?

Yes, please do so; read http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas fore more
information. But I'd estimate a CLA of either you or your company should
suffice.

> 3. When I try to create a patch using cvs diff -u command, none of
> my new modules are in the patch. How do I submit my new modules?

Have you tried to use the -r and/or -N switches for diff ? They should do
the trick.

> 4. When is my chanegs will be in the distribution release? How would
> I find out when it will be available so we can tell our Ingres clients?

If there is nothing I need to think about, it should be no problem to put
it in CVS. Once it is in CVS, it will become available in the next release.
I'd like to pull out Torque-3.2-rc1 late in July, but it is not decided
yet.

> 5. Do I need to create a TRQSxxx issue?

Please do so, so that everybody who is interested has the chance to see
what you submitted. Please attach all the diffs before you click "done" in
scarab.

If there are further questions popping up, please do not hesitate to ask. I
am looking forward to your patch

    Thomas