db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: Inheritence question
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2005 07:59:03 GMT

Hi,

I am afraid there is nothing to achieve this out of the box. There is no
way Torque can know  which column belongs to which class from the
schema.xml (and I do not know a way how this could be specified).
Of course you can subclass the setters of the unwanted column and throw an
exception, making sure that they can never be called. But this is not the
optimal solution, it would be better if they would not be visible.
One way to achieve this might be to change the templates such that for
inheritance base classes, the getters and setters are made protected and
you make just the wanted columns public in the subclass.

          Thomas