db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Torque.shutdown
Date Sun, 26 Jun 2005 08:45:16 GMT
Hi,

At the moment, Torque.shutdown only stops any IdBrokers started by Torque.
I'd like also to shutdown any data sources set up by Torque (see my
previous mail). While doing this, I have come across the following
questions:

- Why not releasing the TorqueInstance instance referenced by the Torque
class ? After closing the DataSources, it should not hold any resources
which need to be shut down (I am not 100% sure about the Managers,
though). Releasing the TirqueInstance might make it possible to
re-initialize Torque after shutdown.

- What should be done with an exception occuring while closing down the
DataSources ? My current solution is to log every exception. The first
exception which occurs is kept in memory, and Torqe tries to close the
remaining DataSources. Any Excetion which occurs then is logged but
ignored otherwise. Only the Datasources which are closed cleanly are
removed from the map, and the first Exception is rethrown after all
DataSources have been processed.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome.

    Thomas