db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Mickey Mokotov" <mic...@fetchbook.info>
Subject Inheritence question
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2005 17:11:42 GMT
Hi fellows,
I'm a bit embraced to ask but I can't find it on the docs, nor any example
on the web.

I understand that torque implements inheritance using one table and I have a
question with regards to the properties-

Let's say class B and C inherits from A.
A has the attribute a.
B has the attribute b (and the one inherited from A).
C has the attribute c (and the one inherited from A).

Is there any way to avoid the situation in which class B has all three
methods getA() ... getC() ?

E.g. have a schema other than:

	<column name="a" type="INTEGER" primaryKey="true"/>
	<column name="b" type="INTEGER" primaryKey="true"/>
	<column name="c" type="INTEGER" primaryKey="true"/>
	<column name="FOO" inheritance="single" type="CHAR" size="1">
		<inheritance key="B" class="B"
extends="com.isbn.logic.beans.torqueOM.fetchbookCentral.A"/>
		<inheritance key="C" class="C"
extends="com.isbn.logic.beans.torqueOM.fetchbookCentral.A"/>
	</column>