db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From jme...@chubb.com
Subject CamelBack notation Output for Spring work
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 21:12:58 GMT
I am trying to produce a working application using Spring and Torque. I
already have Spring working with Hibernate and IBatis using a set of Domain
classes that are written with Camelback notation.  I want to show that you
can port from Hibernate to IBatis to Torque inside a Spring Framework...

2 problems appeared right off the bat:

--- In Hibernate and IBatis you don't include any logic in the domain
objects.
--- I have already designed my Domain objects for use with Hibernate and
IBatis in Camelback Notation and Torque seems to lowercase everything

To this end I am going to create an Interface for my domain ojbects using
the Camelback Notation.  Then I wil make the Torque classes implement this
interface as well as Hiberate and Other objects.

In this way I can have 2 sets of Domain objects.  One set for Hibernate and
IBatis with no logic and one set for Torque.

I have a schema I am describing like this:

      <column name="AttachmentId" required="true" autoIncrement="true"
            primaryKey="true" type="INTEGER"/>
    <column name="FileName" required="true" size="255" type="VARCHAR"/>
    <column name="ContentType" required="true" size="50" type="VARCHAR"/>
    <column name="FileData" required="true" size="50" type="BLOB"/>

I want my accessor/mutator methods to have names like

      getAttachmentId not getAttachmentid
      getFileName not getFilename

Torque seems to lowercase all the names... Can this be avoided? Is there
any easy way to do this by altering the velocity macros?

John Menke