db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: feature request
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2005 12:56:21 GMT

Hi Mickey,

left joins are available in the CVS version, in the Branches HEAD and
TORQUE_3_1_BRANCH.

I am not sure whether Criteria(String generalSqlString) makes sense, for
the following reason :
Torque relies on the selected columns being in a special order to create
the object, so I would not let the user create the columns to select from
as part of the SQL query. To do that, Torque also needs to know the table
to include in the FROM clause.
The columns to select from and the table in the from clause can be obtained
from the Peer with which the select is done. But if the "Select XXX from
YYY" part is autogenerated, then one cannot handle complicated cases like
joins.

I can currently not see an acceptable way of how this could be implemented,
but I am certainly open to suggestions.  Are there any ?

    Thomas