db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: feature request
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:30:27 GMT

It seems that you have the same problems as me.

So on the feature side of Torque, I would like to improve 1:n relations
(which is the first step towards improving m:n relations). It would be
great if Torque would support m:n relations out of the box, but this is
certainly a lot of work.

Also, I would like to be able to define views in the database schema. Views
could would come in two flavours: a sort of view which is defined in the
db, and a sort of "soft view" which can be defined using criteria (e.g. the
XXXBasePeer class could have an abstract column which has to be implemented
by criteria).

But none of this is done in one or  two days, so I couldn't grab enough
energy and time to start on it. Besides, there are also the bugs, and maybe
a new release at some point which needs preparing...

     Thomas