db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <mka...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Torque and Village
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:59:11 GMT

To prevent duplicate development efforts, also note that the project
previously known as "Jakarta Commons SQL" has graduated from the Jakarta
Commons sandbox into a fully-fledged Apache DB-project "DdlUtils" [1]
with it's own website and mailinglists [2]
(last migration steps are still in progress, some "dust" still in the air).

Tom Dudziak has more info about this and can probably tell more about
if there is some overlapping Village / DdlUtils functionality
(which I believe).

If that is the case, I would suggest Torque developers to come join
the new DdlUtils project to help create a well-maintained and active
developer base (instead of breathing air into the "corpse" of Village).

Disclaimer: I think that this might be a Good Thing (TM) for Torque,
but it might turn out that DdlUtils have nothing at all in common
with Village (Tom?) -- in which case you can just ignore this post. :-)

The following developers are on the initial committer-list of DdlUtils:
  tomdz,mkalen,thma,brj,arminw,brianm,mattbaird,rsfeir

Regards,
  Martin

[1] http://db.apache.org/ddlutils/
[2] mailto:ddlutils-dev-subscribe@db.apache.org, mailto:ddlutils-user-subscribe@db.apache.org