db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Hendrik Busch <hendrik.bu...@lexisnexis.de>
Subject Re: Torque and Village
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 07:39:12 GMT
Hi!

> I've tried to make a patch and solve a couple of Torque problems with
> Oracle Integration (DATE and BLOB management) and it turned out that
> they are dependent on some Village choices (*). I tried to write some
> patch but unfortunately there's no way to contribute them back because
> Village project is no longer mantained.

Looks like we did the same thing :-). We're currently porting our
document management system from MySQL to Oracle and needed to fix some
weaknesses in Village, too, mainly LOB-related stuff.

> I read on the mailing list that this issue has been already raised and
> the last news were that someone was trying to "fork" it. There has been
> some progress in this task? Have somebody contacted the author to hear
> if he would allow us to contribute patches by putting the code on a
> read-write cvs?

I sent an email to jon (at) latchkey.com as we would have liked to
contribute our modifications as well. Yet I have received no reply until
now (or maybe our company-spam-cop caught that mail due to some reason).

The fork seems to be a good idea since many people are still using
Village, even without Torque. So if we pull together, maybe we can
achieve a reactivation.

So long,
Hendrik Busch

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Hendrik Busch - Teamleiter LexisNexis Recht Entwicklung

LexisNexis Deutschland GmbH
http://www.lexisnexis.de
Feldstiege 100
D-48161 Münster