db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl <thomas.vand...@tewisoft.de>
Subject Re: feature request
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 06:27:34 GMT
Thomas Fischer wrote:
> I have no idea how to create such a query on the fly. Maybe something in
> the archives of the user list can be found. The main problem seems to me to
> create q query where one column value is compared to another column value,
> but I am not sure.

There is "Criteria.add(column, object, Criteria.CUSTOM)" as in

criteria.add(alias + ".IDPERSON", (Object)(alias + ".IDPERSON=" +
		PersonPeer.IDPERSON), Criteria.CUSTOM);

It has proven to work in this case.

> Again, in my opinion the code to compose the right query for the join from
> a string would be quite difficult. My guess is that a "select * " will not
> do and will return the wrong order of columns, leading to disastrous
> results.

Well, if you are aware of the fact that you need to handle Village
Records in this case, you can always use BasePeer.executeQuery().

Bye, Thomas.