db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Mickey Mokotov" <mic...@fetchbook.info>
Subject RE: feature request
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:29:36 GMT
I thought that the executeQuery() method is somewhat of implementation, and
not a real part of the interface.
If this is the case, if one day we decide to change implementation I'm
stuck...

--
www.FetchBook.Info
Find the lowest price - Compare more then a hundred book stores in a click.

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Vandahl [mailto:thomas.vandahl@tewisoft.de]
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 8:28 AM
To: Apache Torque Developers List
Subject: Re: feature request

Thomas Fischer wrote:
> I have no idea how to create such a query on the fly. Maybe something
> in the archives of the user list can be found. The main problem seems
> to me to create q query where one column value is compared to another
> column value, but I am not sure.

There is "Criteria.add(column, object, Criteria.CUSTOM)" as in

criteria.add(alias + ".IDPERSON", (Object)(alias + ".IDPERSON=" +
		PersonPeer.IDPERSON), Criteria.CUSTOM);

It has proven to work in this case.

> Again, in my opinion the code to compose the right query for the join
> from a string would be quite difficult. My guess is that a "select * "
> will not do and will return the wrong order of columns, leading to
> disastrous results.

Well, if you are aware of the fact that you need to handle Village
Records in this case, you can always use BasePeer.executeQuery().

Bye, Thomas.