db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Mickey Mokotov" <mic...@fetchbook.info>
Subject RE: feature request
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2005 15:28:16 GMT
Hi there,

It's good to know that we support left joins.
I still have a problem though - I need to query two different databases on
the same query:
SELECT * FROM db1.tablex, db2.tabley WHERE tablex.a=tabley.b;

I really think we should find a way to allow queries to
not-yet-supported-selects, it's the second time I'm facing the problem, and
it's not a nice one to tackle...

--
www.FetchBook.Info
Find the lowest price - Compare more then a hundred book stores in a click.

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Fischer [mailto:fischer@seitenbau.net]
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2005 2:56 PM
To: Apache Torque Developers List
Subject: RE: feature request

Hi Mickey,

left joins are available in the CVS version, in the Branches HEAD and
TORQUE_3_1_BRANCH.

I am not sure whether Criteria(String generalSqlString) makes sense, for the
following reason : Torque relies on the selected columns being in a special
order to create the object, so I would not let the user create the columns
to select from as part of the SQL query. To do that, Torque also needs to
know the table to include in the FROM clause. The columns to select from and
the table in the from clause can be obtained from the Peer with which the
select is done. But if the "Select XXX from YYY" part is autogenerated, then
one cannot handle complicated cases like joins.

I can currently not see an acceptable way of how this could be implemented,
but I am certainly open to suggestions.  Are there any ?

    Thomas