db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From T E Schmitz <mail...@numerixtechnology.de>
Subject Re: deprecate lockTable() and unlockTable() methods in adapter
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:40:27 GMT
Thomas Fischer wrote:
> it seems that everything in Torque is used by somebody - no chance to clear
> up ;-)
> Ok, I will not do it.

I'll let you know when I stop using it.

> By the way, why do you need to lock tables ? I thought postgresql is
> capable of serializable transactions. In my experience, locking is only
> needed if one does not have serializable transactions (or does not want to
> use them).

I believe that "serializable" is the postgresql default but I am not
setting it exxplicitly in my Torque.properties file: It's ages ago since
  I set up the properties file but I remember that a handful of settings
caused a warning in Torque and I've never managed to clear this up:

#torque.dsfactory.cashtill.pool.defaultTransactionIsolation=SERIALIZABLE

--

Regards/Gruß,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz