db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl <thomas.vand...@tewisoft.de>
Subject Re: merge Object.vm and ObjectwithManager.vm
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:20:32 GMT
Thomas Fischer wrote:
> by the effort of Thomas Vandahl, the templates Object.vm and
> ObjectWithManager.vm are in sync once again. If one compares these two
> templates now, there are very little differences. In my opinion, this
> situation should be used to merge the two templates into one, thus reducing
> the need to keep the two in sync manually.
When I went through the code, this was my first intention as well. As
you know, I use the manager code including JCS caching. If
torque.objectIsCaching is true, the objects keep their collections in
the cache as well. This is bad because you need to invalidate the whole
object with all collections if only one of the objects in a collection
is modified. So my idea was to add a MethodResultCache for every
collection including all necessary listeners to the ObjectWithManager
code. For that reason I would rather not merge the two files.

Bye, Thomas.