db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject what are all the Torque.properties files for ?
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2005 10:04:53 GMT
Hi,

in order to clean up the old pool properties a bit, I have looked for
file in which these pool properties are set. I did find quite a lot of
them:
src/conf/master/Torque.master
src/conf/Torque.properties
src/test/Torque.properties
examples/Torque.properties

I have found that the src/conf/masterTorque.master file is used in the
runtimetest and also in the maven target dist:lite. The
src/conf/Torque.properties has made it to the main directory of the Torque
3.1 distribution.

I did not found any use of the src/test/Torque.properties file. I did run
the tests and runtime test successfully without them.

As for the examples/Torque.properties files, they did not make it even
into any of the 3.1 source distribution, let alone into the binary
distribution. Besides, they are really outdated.

Does anybody know any uses of the src/test/Torque.properties and
examples/Torque.properties files ? If not, I would propose to remove them
from cvs. And if we are at it, I would propose to remove also the
examples/bookstore-schema.xml. Any objections ?

    Thomas