db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Added schema support at generate time - open issues
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:54:35 GMT

Hi,

as you might have seen from the cvs commit message, I have added support
for schema names at generate time, i.e. it is now possible to use table
names like "my_schema.my_table" and correctly generate java code.

I asked myself what the future default naming method should be,
"underscore", which generates MySchemaMyTable from above table name, or
"underscoreOmitSchema", which generates "MyTable". I settled on
"underscore", because it is less likely to produce naming conflicts (same
java name for different tables).

There are two questions remaining:
1) the naming method "nochange" will produce invalid java code, as it
leaves the name as it is. Personally, I believe something should be done
about it. My personal favourite would be to replace the dots by an
underscore. Other possibilities would be simply to remove the dots, or
remove the dot and capitalize the tokens.

2) I am not sure whether it is a good idea to create a new naming method
"underscoreOmitSchema". Perhaps it would be more consistent to introduce
another attribute named "omitSchemaName" or something like this, so that
the other naming methods (javaname and nochange) would be covered as well.

Any opinions ?

    Thomas