db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <Fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: Torque Test DB2
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:10:10 GMT

Hi,

I'd be pleased to hear test results from DB2.
I would guess that the binary distribution is not enough to run the
runtime test. Get the source distribution of the version you are using,
or, better even, check it out from CVS by tag. Also you need apoache
maven installed.

The following is for the version directly from CVS:
- modify or create a testing profile in the profiles directory.
- create a build.properties file in your home directory. Add a line to
it that looks like
torque.testProfile = profile/oracle.profile
where oracle.profile should be replaced by the actual profile you use.
- install the plugin: change into the src/plugin directory and invoke
"maven plugin:install"
While building from the sources, you will find that you need to download
additional libaries that are not allowed to be distributed
automatically. Download them manually, and copy and rename them as
indicated by maven.
- build the generator: change into src/generator directory and invoke
"maven jar"
- build the runtime: change into the project root and invoke "maven jar"
- start the runtime tests from the project root: invoke "maven
runtime:test"

If you find that any additional steps are required, please note them,
and mail them to the dev list afterwards, so that I can document it.

  Thomas