db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Ely Rances" <eran...@exist.com>
Subject Error in using Derby and Cloudscape as Database Adapter
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2005 20:19:51 GMT
Exist Softwarelabs
Hi,

We are currently using derby torque adapter.
We have set one of our properties file, adapter to derby,
and used the derby-torque from HEAD and build with the
following jar files as result:
1.) torque-3.2-dev.jar
2.) torque-gen-3.2-dev.jar
3.) maven-torque-plugin-3.2-dev.jar

After running our application.
It did not connect to the derby database, instead we came with the following errors:

      There has been an Error!
      Reason:
        java.lang.Error: Error in BasePeer.initTableSchema(TURBINE_USER): There was no DataSourceFactory
configured for the connection default

      Get/Post Data:
            template  = ShowError.vm

      Stacktrace:

          java.lang.Error: Error in BasePeer.initTableSchema(TURBINE_USER): There was no DataSourceFactory
configured for the connection default
	at org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUserPeer.initClass(BaseTurbineUserPeer.java:154)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUserPeer.(BaseTurbineUserPeer.java:128)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineUserManagement.getUser(TurbineUserManagement.java:136)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedUserManagement.getUser(JetspeedUserManagement.java:59)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineAuthentication.getAnonymousUser(TurbineAuthentication.java:188)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedAuthentication.getAnonymousUser(JetspeedAuthentication.java:64)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedSecurity.getAnonymousUser(JetspeedSecurity.java:134)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.TemplateSessionValidator.doPerform(TemplateSessionValidator.java:59)

However, when we tried setting cloudscape in one of our properties file, (as adapter).
It was able to connect to derby database, but we encountered the following errors:

      There has been an Error!
      Reason:
        org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.LoginException: Failed to get anonymous user:
: Failed to retrieve roles : SQL Exception: Comparisons between 'INTEGER' and 'CHAR' are not
supported.

      Get/Post Data:
            template  = ShowError.vm

      Stacktrace:

          org.apache.torque.TorqueException: SQL Exception: Comparisons between 'INTEGER'
and 'CHAR' are not supported.
	at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.throwTorqueException(BasePeer.java:236)
	at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.executeQuery(BasePeer.java:1550)
	at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doSelect(BasePeer.java:1391)
	at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doSelect(BasePeer.java:1368)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUserGroupRolePeer.doSelectVillageRecords(BaseTurbineUserGroupRolePeer.java:369)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUserGroupRolePeer.doSelectVillageRecords(BaseTurbineUserGroupRolePeer.java:337)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUserGroupRolePeer.doSelect(BaseTurbineUserGroupRolePeer.java:306)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineRoleManagement.getRoles(TurbineRoleManagement.java:123)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.JetspeedRoleManagement.getRoles(JetspeedRoleManagement.java:64)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedSecurity.getRoles(JetspeedSecurity.java:299)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.SecurityCacheImpl.load(SecurityCacheImpl.java:85)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.JetspeedSecurityCache.load(JetspeedSecurityCache.java:66)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineAuthentication.getAnonymousUser(TurbineAuthentication.java:193)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedAuthentication.getAnonymousUser(JetspeedAuthentication.java:64)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedSecurity.getAnonymousUser(JetspeedSecurity.java:134)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.TemplateSessionValidator.doPerform(TemplateSessionValidator.java:59)

It seems here that with cloudscape as adapter, it retrieves the inserted INTEGER data as CHAR?
Has anyone of you encountered such errors, especially the latter one(cloudscape) ?

TIA