db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <Fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: InstantiationException in Torque with Derby
Date Sun, 23 Jan 2005 18:39:34 GMT

Hi,

I do not have any experience with jetspeed and turbine, but this might be a
configuration issue. However, I have no idea how to find the error, so I
would need some more information. Do you have the possibility to debug the
code while tomcat is running ? If yes, it would be interesting to know
where exactly the nullPointerException is thrown. If you cannot debug the
application, can you add a e.printStackTrace() into BasePeer line 140 an
then look in your logs for the message (suppuse this should appear in the
Tomcat error log) ?

   Thomas

"Ely Rances" <erances@exist.com> schrieb am 22.01.2005 01:28:44:

> [...]
> torque) and we would want to integrate it with Derby(embedded)
> Database.  We've downloaded and build the branch in
> torque(TORQUE_3_1_BRANCH) that supports derby. Generated  and
> deployed the 3 jars in maven : torque-3.1.2-dev.jar, torque-gen-3.1.
> 2-dev.jar and maven-torque-plugin-3.1.2-dev.jar. After generating
> the OM files, We've deployed the application in Tomcat. But when we
> access the application, we get an  java.lang.InstantiationException
> exception in the log file and Null pointer exception in the console.
> We checked the derby.log file and there is no error thrown. Below
> are the stack trace we get :
>
> in the log file :
>
> 2005-01-21 13:49:25,063 [main] INFO  ComponentLoader - loading
> component: name=torque class=org.apache.torque.Torque config=C:
> \workspace\..\target\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30\bin\..\webapps\webapp-
> name\WEB-INF\conf\Torque.properties
> 2005-01-21 13:49:25,073 [main] ERROR ComponentLoader - org.apache.
> torque.Torque could not be initialized!
> java.lang.InstantiationException
>  at sun.reflect.InstantiationExceptionConstructorAccessorImpl.
> newInstance(InstantiationExceptionConstructorAccessorImpl.java:30)
>  at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
>  at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:308)
>  at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:261)
>  at org.apache.stratum.component.ComponentLoader.
> loadComponent(ComponentLoader.java:212)
>  at org.apache.stratum.component.ComponentLoader.
> load(ComponentLoader.java:179)
>  at org.apache.turbine.services.component.TurbineComponentService.
> init(TurbineComponentService.java:163)
>  at org.apache.turbine.services.TurbineBaseService.
> init(TurbineBaseService.java:108)
>  at org.apache.turbine.services.BaseInitableBroker.
> initClass(BaseInitableBroker.java:149)
>  at org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.
> doInitService(BaseServiceBroker.java:224)
>  at org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.
> initServices(BaseServiceBroker.java:193)
>  at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.init(Turbine.java:257)
>  at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:256)
>  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.
> loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:935)
>

> in tomcat console :
>
> [ERROR] BasePeer - -org.apache.torque.TorqueException: java.lang.
> NullPointerExce
> ption
> [ERROR] BasePeer - -A FATAL ERROR has occurred which should not have
> happened un
> der any circumstance.  Please notify the Torque developers <turbine-
> torque-dev@j
> akarta.apache.org> and give as many details as possible (including
> the error sta
> ck trace). <java.lang.Error: Error in BasePeer.
> initTableSchema(TURBINE_USER): ja
> va.lang.NullPointerException>java.lang.Error: Error in BasePeer.
> initTableSchema(
> TURBINE_USER): java.lang.NullPointerException
org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.initTableSchema(BasePeer.java:141)
>         at
org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.initTableSchema(BasePeer.java:116)