db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: database adapters for ingres rdbms
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 00:17:32 GMT
Wang, Shirley Y wrote:

>Dear Sir, I am planning to add support of CA Ingres rdbms so Torque user
>can access Ingres DB.  I did a little research; it seems to me that all
>we have to do is provide a DBingres class and a set of Velocity
>templates. Is this the right assumption? I found the source code for
>DBoracle, DBmysql... . So I probably could use those as my base and
>modify it to fit Ingres db. I could not locate the Velocity templates
>though. Would you please point me to the right direction??

See: http://db.apache.org/torque/db-adapters.html (this may be slightly
out of date but you will get the general gist from this and looking a
the adaptors and templates for other databases)
and: http://db.apache.org/torque/developer-guide.html

Details on how to access the source are available from:
http://db.apache.org/torque/cvs-usage.html
You are best off working in the TORQUE_3_1_BRANCH - the work in HEAD may
well be abandoned (TORQUE_3_1_BRANCH will most likely become HEAD when
we migrate to Subversion in the near future).

>How do I incorporate my changes into Torque DB packages?

You can send your patches to this list or better still attach them to a
Torque > Source patch issue in Scarab:
http://issues.apache.org/scarab/issues

Please be sure and follow the coding standard specified at:
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/common/code-standards.html

Regards,

Scott

--