db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: accuracy of TIME columns
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2004 09:43:31 GMT
Thomas Fischer <Fischer@seitenbau.net> writes:

>Well, I didn't want to bother non-Oracle people with oracle details. So the
>thing is that Oracle's DATE format has seconds accuracy, and there is no

Heh, we're wresting with a database layer. We should talk about the
implementation details... :-)

>TIME type. So the DB should be able to save and retrieve even DATE fields
>with seconds precision, no problem there.

Ah, the joy of standards...

[...]

>So looking into Torque and Village code, it seems to me that for TIME
>colums, Torque uses a java.util.Date object. Then, village looks at the
>type of the object, says  "well, it's java.util.Date, lets format it with
>day accuracy", and the insert is done with day accuracy. But if this is the
>case, all other DBs should have the same problem, and as I do not have an
>easy possibility to check that, It would be very helpful if someone did
>that for me.

So do you think it is a village problem? I've posted a (cleaned)
snapshot of village a while ago, which is nice for debugging in
Eclipse. Maybe you want to check whether there is a bug inside this.

	Regards
		Henning

What is more important to you...
   [ ] Product Security