db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: initialisation process: registration of Map builders
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2004 08:59:26 GMT
Thomas Fischer <Fischer@seitenbau.net> writes:

>4) modify the Peer classes such that the static initializer of any Peer
>class loads every other Peer class, e.g. by putting in class.forName(...)
>calls in the static initializer.

This makes the Torque startup with large schematas as sluggish as the
Hibernate startup. Acceptable for "start once, run a long time"
application like server side java, inacceptable for e.g. command line
tools. Using Hibernate here is a main PITA.

If you really think of "putting Class.forName()" somewhere, please
make it _one_ method in e.g. the mapbuilder and let all the peers call
this method.  I don't want to have a list of n Class.forName()
statements duplicated in every Peer.

	Regards
		Henning

What is more important to you...