db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: provide a central place for parsing column names in SQLBuilder
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 08:55:30 GMT
Thomas Fischer <Fischer@seitenbau.net> writes:

>This is not the problem and can be prevented by using the javaName
>attribute in the table description in xxx-schema.xml. There are some
>problems in the generation of sql, the generator tries to generate
>constaints which are applied on columns like schemaname.columnname and not
>schemaname.tablename.columnname. It seems that someone looks for dots
>there....

JavaName is intended to describe the _JAVA_ name of the table. Not the
unqualified SQL table name. This can be very different from the
tableName. If the JavaName gets polluted by the Schema, then the
javaName generation is buggy/needs Schema support upgrade.

A table element of the schema has different elements:

javaName	e.g. fooTable
tableName	e.g. FOO_TABLE
fullTableName	e.g. MY_SCHEMA.FOO_TABLE

If we need schema support in the Java packages, we might add a switch
(torque.useDBSchemaAsPackage = true ? =:-) )

	Regards
		Henning

What is more important to you...
   [ ] Product Security