db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: provide a central place for parsing column names in SQLBuilder
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 08:50:35 GMT
Richard Bayet <bayet@enseirb.fr> writes:

>Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:
>>
>>>Just out of curiosity : have you tried what happens if one puts
>>>"schemaname.tablename" as tablename into schema.xml ? That might also be
>>>interesting for some people.
>>

>> No. Testers welcome.
>>

>As for Torque Gen 3.1, this might be a bad idea.
>Because the class and packages names will contain this extra dot character.
>Not very annoying for the packages names : the classes will be tagged as
>in package 'com.yourproject.schemaname' instead of 'com.yourproject',
>but the classes will be named like 'schemaname.yourtable';

This is just because, the SQL table name and the table name for the
packages are too closely connected.

IMHO, the story could go like this:

- Add a new attribute "per XML schema" or "per table" called "schema"
  (yes, the name ambiguity sucks); update the DTD

- Add a new method "getFullTableName()" to the table model which returns
  the fully qualified "schema.table" if a schema is given, return just
  "table" else

- make getTable() only ever return the unqualified table name

- change the templates to use the one or the other as fitting

==> Schema support.

[... long procedure deleted ...]

Wow, I wonder how long it took you. Out of curiosity: The generator is
quite straightforward; IMHO it takes about a day with a debugger to
understand how it works. How long did it take you to implement this
procedure and would a generator change not have been easier?

	Regards
		Henning

What is more important to you...
   [ ] Product Security