db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: [SOURCE] Issue #TRQS256 had user association modified
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2004 17:25:36 GMT
thomas fischer <fischer@seitenbau.de> writes:

>You can view the issue detail at the following URL:

>    http://nagoya.apache.org/scarab/issues/id/TRQS256

>Type
> Enhancement

>Issue ID
> TRQS256 (count methods addition to the BasePeer class)

Uh, do we really want to bloat up the Peer classes any further? What
sense in putting this into BasePeer?

We have constants for "ASC" (SqlEnum.ASC), please use these. (why
entries[1].compareTo()? What is bad with equals()?)

Why are you doing all the shebang in count(Criteria, Connection,
columnName, distinct) ?  Am I missing something?

You should be able to get the deliminator from buildQuery()?

Why use the doSelect() anyway? Why not use the primitives to build the
SQL string and send it to the DB?

If you build strings like this:

c.addSelectColumn( "COUNT("+ (distinct?"DISTINCT ":"") +columnName +")" );

please use a StringBuffer()

All in all, I'm -0 on this patch. I don't really see the benefit to
have it around in the BasePeer and it seems to complicated to me.

As this is a static method anyway, why not move it into another helper class?

	Regards
		Henning

What is more important to you...
   [ ] Product Security