db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: provide a central place for parsing column names in SQLBuilder
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2004 17:17:13 GMT
Thomas Fischer <Fischer@seitenbau.net> writes:

>Hi henning,

>ok, go ahead then ;-) If you need some help, though, do not hesitate and
>ask me.

I just forced my Schema patch onto an unsuspecting public. :-)

Please review; this patch does what I need for Torque which might not
exactly be what everyone wants.

In a nutshell: I have an application that uses a database schema for
storing application state. Now this application is required to be
multi-state. For convenience, we just use multiple schemas with the
same table structure and let the user select the schema for the
required application state.

This is less than perfect, because one datasource currently cannot
access different schemas (e.g. for different users). However, without
any per-database-session state object around in Torque, this is
currently pretty hard to do (that is the part that I did _not_ check
into the CVS...)

The fact that there is no "state" object like e.g. the Hibernate
Session object really starts to hurt here...

Please test. This passes the unit and runtime tests with PostgreSQL
but I'm very keen on hearing other success / failure stories.

	Regards
		Henning

What is more important to you...
   [ ] Product Security