db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: [SOURCE] Issue #TRQS252 - Criteria getAsColumns as ordered Hashtable
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 16:05:04 GMT
Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz <scarab@numerixtechnology.de> writes:

>You can view the issue detail at the following URL:

>    http://nagoya.apache.org/scarab/issues/id/TRQS252

>Type
> Enhancement

>Issue ID
> TRQS252 (Criteria getAsColumns   as ordered Hashtable)

Yes I agree. However, this is working on the symtoms.

As it stands, I'd like to see the following things:

- All Hashtable references in the Torque Code replaced by Map where
  used in method signatures or HashMap when used as concrete objects.

- UniqueList must go. There are decorators inside c-c which do this
  very nicely on e.g. an ArrayList. Use "List" everywhere.

- Hide these ordered Maps behind OrderedMap (which still gives you the
  slick MapIterator).

In a sense, this would be finally branching off TORQUE_3_1_1. I could
imagine applying these patches and call the result
TORQUE_3_3_DEVELOPMENT which breaks off compatibility with 3.1.

Any comments?

	Regards
		Henning

What is more important to you...