db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <Fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: accuracy of TIME columns
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:01:15 GMT

"Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hps@intermeta.de> schrieb am 28.12.2004
10:43:31:

> [...]
>
> So do you think it is a village problem?

Not really, rather in the Torque/Village mapping.  Village does handle
instances of java.sql.Time differently than java.util.Date instances (I did
not check it in detail as I never reached this piece of code), so if the
time accuracy problem also exists in other db's, we may want to implement
Time columns as java.sql.Time rather than java.util.Date. So if I can get
this confirmed I will change the other mappings, and open a new bug report
which aplies to all databases.

> I've posted a (cleaned)
> snapshot of village a while ago, which is nice for debugging in
> Eclipse. Maybe you want to check whether there is a bug inside this.
>
>    Regards
>       Henning

  Thomas