db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl <thomas.vand...@tewisoft.de>
Subject Re: [J2] Vote: Torque schema generation problems - how to proceed?
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:16:16 GMT
Hi,

Thomas Fischer wrote:
> I have also written quite complicated stylesheets, but by far nothing as
> complicated as the Torque generator, and I have spent lot of time in
> debugging simple bugs in these stylesheets. I do not think much would be
> gained if the generator was completely rewritten in xsl. But this is just
> my personal opinion.
I can recommend XMLSpy for debugging of stylesheets. I use it for XSL:FO
and it does the job quite well.

If a rewrite is really planned, I would like to vote for (and contribute
to) the XSLT-option at least for SQL generation, mainly because it would
make it easier to take care of all the different SQL dialects.

On the other hand, the generator works quite well as it is. I'd prefer
some improvements in the present code over a rewrite, such as a Manager
aware delete method (will submit a patch soon!) and some methods for
simplified handling of weak entities.

Bye, Thomas.