db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ahrens <tahr...@imiinc.net>
Subject RE: target/classes ?
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 16:51:13 GMT
On page:
 <http://db.apache.org/torque/tutorial/step2.html>
http://db.apache.org/torque/tutorial/step2.html

There are a couple of items that weren't clear to me:
  # The target database platform.
  torque.database = mysql

  # The target package to put the generated classes in.
  torque.targetPackage = com.kazmier.om  # What is the origin of this ??
Why kazmier??  There is no explanation of why this setting is used or what
it means. Can you supply an explanation?

  # The JDBC URL that Torque can use to create and
  # drop databases if instructed to do so.
  torque.database.createUrl = jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1/mysql

And further down:

Torque runtime and dependant libraries

In order to be able to compile and use the generated class files it is
necessary to include the Torque runtime jar file and jar files for all of
the necessary dependencies in the classpath of your project. The necessary
jars are included in the torque/lib directory of the Torque runtime. If you
are using Maven to build your project it may be easiest to copy the
necessary dependencies <http://db.apache.org/torque/dependencies.html>  from
the Torque
<http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/db-torque/project.xml?only_with_tag=TORQU
E_3_1_BRANCH> runtime POM.

Note: There is no need to include the torque-gen jar file in your project
classath, including it may adversly affect the logging configuration of your
application.

How do I know what the classpath of my project is?? And, where is that
defined or set??  It was not clear to me if I need to set that path in one
of these configuration files or what.  The only classpath I am familiar with
is the one in the environmental variables list of Windows - do I need to add
it there for every project I do??

Also you refer to the Torque runtime jar file - is that:
torque-gen-3.1.1.jar

Thanks in advance,
Tim

Tim Ahrens