db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Moving Torque to SVN
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2004 13:15:21 GMT
Hi,

are there any big objections in moving the Torque Code base to SVN?

I would propose the following SVN structure:

Runtime (torque.jar)

/db/torque/runtime/trunk      ----> TORQUE_3_1_BRANCH
                  /tags       ----> TORQUE_3_1
                                    TORQUE_3_1_1
			            ... (other release tags from CVS)
                  /branches   ----> TORQUE_3_2_BRANCH
                                    TORQUE_3_1_HENNING
                                    ... (other branches tags from CVS)

Generator (torque-gen.jar)

          /generator/trunk
                    /tags
                    /branches

Tags and Branches as above

Maven-Plugin (maven-torque-plugin.jar)

          /maven-plugin/trunk
                       /tags
                       /branches

Tags and Branches as above

Site (torque Umbrella Site)

          /maven-plugin/trunk

Reason for this structure:

The generator is already uses for different projects like OJB. Other
uses are thinkable and decoupling the runtime and generator would
allow different release cycles. Same goes for the Maven plugin.

A site module has been discussed and it should take all the "common
for all branches" pages like download.xml. It should also help to
structure the Torque site better.

As the current active development branch is the 3.1 branch, it would
be sensible to move this branch onto the Trunk and keep the (inactive)
3.2 development branch as a Branch directory.

Going from CVS to SVN is not really hard. I did this with my projects
about six months ago and I would never ever go back to CVS again.

SVN integration for most development environments (Eclipse, emacs,
... :-) ) is available.

Opinions?

	Regards
		Henning