db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: Patch TQRS219
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:08:15 GMT
Thomas Fischer <Fischer@seitenbau.net> writes:

Everything that clears up the logic in the BasePeer is a good
thing. It would be nice if we get some unit test that check the
behaviour "before" and "after" to make sure that the patch does not
break anything.

The TORQUE_3_1_HENNING branch is intended to be a "full speed ahead
and damn the torpedoes" branch which does not look for backward
compatibility. I intended to merge parts of it that have proven to
work fine back into 3.2 or 3.1.x.

As far as I understand, the Join patch just extends the functionality
of the Per. Or are there any incompatible changes in it?

	Regards
		Henning

>Hi,

>It seems that I cannot post a comment to the ticket, so my comment goes
>here.

>I do not see this patch in the 3.1.1 release, because there exists no
>documentation at the moment and because the patch would have to be adjusted
>to the changes in BasePeer which have been applied to CVS since the patch.

>At the moment, it seems that after the 3.1.1 release is out, I will have
>time to rework the patch and write some documentation.

>Henning, I just wonder whether you agree with the appoach I have taken in
>BasePeer, which is to split the method createQuery() and
>createPreparedStatement() into several methods, i.e. processJoins()...,
>processModifiers()... , and whether that collides with anything you have
>done in your 3_1_HENNING-Branch.

>   Thomas

                                    Open Source Software Development"