db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <Fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: Patch TQRS219
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:37:32 GMT

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Vandahl wrote:

> Thomas Fischer wrote:
>
> > I do not see this patch in the 3.1.1 release, because there exists no
> > documentation at the moment and because the patch would have to be
adjusted
> > to the changes in BasePeer which have been applied to CVS since the
patch.

> I guess some existing application will be the best measure here. I wrote
> something similar (but not as sophisticated) for My Personal Torque(TM).
> I have not submitted it for the very same reason: no docs. But it works
> for me. Maybe we can join forces?

Thanks very much for your offer. I'm not sure whether it makes sense if the
code adjustment task is distributed between different people, but I would
definitely welcome some help in the documentation.

> While we are at it. I could use a sub-select every now and then. There
> was some code posted to torque-user a while ago which looked promising.
> I would volunteer for a patch and docs for this one if you guys agreed.

The possibility to use subselects would be very useful in my opinion.

> One last thing. I found the handling of inserts a little bit poor. From
> what I know the "insert into ... select ... from" statement is SQL
> standard. I thought of something like
>
> doInsert(Criteria whichcolumns, Criteria select);
>
> Anyone cares to comment?

I am at a complete loss what above code would do, but I guess this is
because my limited knowledge in SQL.

> Bye, Thomas.

Thomas F.